The wall…

I hit it.

I never actually believed there was one, but yesterday, after I returned from my CLE, I got dizzy, and nauseated, and faint. I ended up spending the night at my mother’s, as I didn’t feel capable of caring for my children. It seems I may have worn myself completely out.

Now, in my defense (yes, I feel I need defending here), I have spent the past two weeks caring for sick kids and getting very little sleep. Then I cleaned my entire house on Monday, from top to bottom, with antibacterial cleaners and bleach to rid the house of any remaining spec of Hand, Foot, and Mouth virus. Then on Tuesday I read that vinegar was very effective at getting rid of it, so I cleaned it all again. I re-mopped the floors, re-wiped the cupboards, tables, chairs, and walls, and even borrowed my mother’s carpet cleaner and ran vinegar through the carpets. Then the house smelled like vinegar so I re-mopped with a lavendar rinse to improve the air. (Okay, on reading this over it does strike me as insane, at least a little.)

Yesterday I topped it all off by attending a 7 hour CLE on Child and Family Investigation for my business.

So I can see why I might be less than chipper when I got home, but I never been so bone weary and weak before! I had to ask friends if they could come walk my dogs, and I had to stay with my mother, because Lee is still out of town and I was afraid of losing consciousness. Literally. My vision kept going black around the edges and I kept breaking into a faint sweat whenever I stood up.

Oops.
I may have overdone things.

Today I feel a little better. I slept, and then spent the day eating well and reading romance novels on the couch while Otter played at my feet. (He still has blisters in his mouth, but he is getting better. We may have to cancel all our kid oriented weekend plans if the blisters don’t go away in the next two days. I don’t want to give Hatchet’s twins Hand, Foot, and Mouth for their first birthday!!)

I didn’t do anything, no cleaning, no work, no cooking even. Just simple resting and ordering in. I guess I should a little more of that more often.

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “The wall…”

  1. “MAY HAVE…?” Woman!

    You are clearly insane. Have you considered that? Or that if you’re on the verge of passing out that maybe you’ve caught something?

    GO SEE A DOCTOR.

    Yes, I’m “yelling” because I’m afraid you’ll just try to brush it off. If it were me that was feeling like that, you’d tell me to go see a doctor. And I would DO IT.

    So go. And I am sorry if you’re not able to come this weekend, but not as sorry as I would be if you came and then discovered that you have Plague #9 or whatever version your household is up to.

    Feel better, kiddo. I’m sorry things are horrible at the moment.

  2. Dude! Start taking care of yourself. I’d hate to have to schedule a trip to Colorado just to kick your ass.

    Seriously, rest and get better.

  3. Thanks for the love ladies, I appreciate it. (Even though it included some yelling.)

    I am going to go see a doctor, I am interviewing primary care physicians now.

    I do feel much better after a few days of rest.

    Sara, Tea Tree oil in the vinegar is a great idea, I will have to try it out. (When I feel better.)

  4. Pahsta,
    I am very ill… cough cough… I may not make it… cough cough… in order to get better, I must have you visit. (Oh, and you should bring a Devon too!!)
    😉

  5. I hope that you feel better soon! I just stumbled across this blog and have to say, you certainly have two of the most challenging jobs in the world! Not sure how I’d keep it altogether! Kudos to you! 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s